[Simnibs-discuss] using simNIBS in brain injury populations

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Tue Mar 29 15:02:54 CEST 2022

Dear Athena,

this is a good question which is not easy to answer. I would assume that
the conductivity changes in gray and white matter correlate roughly with
the diffusion changes seen in DTI. So a first step could be to simply
quantify the diffusion changes compared to healthy subjects to get an
initial impression on whether adjustments of the conductivity values
might be needed.

You can map the results back to subject-specific nifti or to MNI (using
eg. the options menu in the GUI) to read out voxel-specfic values.

Best regards,

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Thielscher
Professor of Neurophysics and Neuroimaging