[Simnibs-discuss] Install using Conda not working

Gregory, Elizabeth elizabeth.gregory at ubc.ca
Tue Jan 17 05:29:26 CET 2023

Hi there,

I am currently attempting to install the latest simnibs using a Conda environment as outlined in the documentation (https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/installation/conda.html).

I keep getting the following error when attempting to run the line "pip install -f https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/latest simnibs"

Looking in links: https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/latest

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement simnibs (from versions: none)

ERROR: No matching distribution found for simnibs

I have tried to instead run variations such as "pip install -f https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/<https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/latest>v4.0.0 simnibs", which gives the same error,  and "pip install https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/<https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/latest>v4.0.0", which gives the following error

Collecting https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/v4.0.0

  Downloading https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/v4.0.0

     | 112.6 kB 853.2 kB/s 0:00:00

  ERROR: Cannot unpack file /tmp/pip-unpack-_5sf34ih/v4.0.0 (downloaded from /tmp/pip-req-build-d2li2ds3, content-type: text/html; charset=utf-8); cannot detect archive format

ERROR: Cannot determine archive format of /tmp/pip-req-build-d2li2ds3

I have tried doing the install on both mac and linux operating systems and the same error comes up. I installed an earlier version of simnibs (I believe v.3.2.6) less than 6 months ago using this same method and encountered no problems. I attempted to see if installing an earlier version would work (ie using "pip install -f https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/<https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/releases/latest>v3.2.6 simnibs") but the same errors come up - ie this is not isolated to the latest version.

Please let me know if there is something I am missing in this process? Thank you so much for your time and help.

Best,

Elizabeth