[Simnibs-discuss] what is essence of TMS. Or TMS mechanism

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Tue Mar 23 09:59:38 CET 2021

Hi,

the explanation by Pascual-Leone you give at the end of your email is
correct. However, the frequency of a single TMS pulse is ~ 3 to 7 kHz,
which is high enough to induce currents that are strong enough to
depolarize the membranes.

The 1-25 Hz refer to the frequency at which TMS pulses are then repeated
to get neuromodulatory effects

Best,

Axel

--