[Simnibs-discuss] Position window and efield

Jade Jackson Jade.Jackson at mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 16:05:55 CET 2020

Dear developers,

Thank you for developing this toolbox. I have specific MNI coordinates that I want to stimulate and I want to understand whether the stimulation will spread to a control ROI, and if so, to what degree.

I have a couple of very basic questions, in the position window, and next to the dropdown box for the EEG cap positions, are these x y z coordinates that I can input in MNI space? Also, if I generate a model with stimulation to specific coordinates and then calculate the norm Efield at the control ROI, what does the output equate to? How can I know if this is equivalent to say their motor threshold?

Thanks,

Jade