[Simnibs-discuss] Doubt about Mesh

Guilherme B Saturnino guilhermebs at drcmr.dk
Fri Jun 12 15:57:29 CEST 2020

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in SimNIBS!

/- The mesh created by SimNiBS thanks to headreco is a volumetric mesh?
Or it only creates a surface mesh?
/

The final mesh (.msh) contains both a volume mesh with tetrahedral
elements and a surface mesh with triangular elements. The numerical
method we for the simulations (FEM) requires volume meshes. You can find
surfaces in the m2m_/subID/ folder as well (.stl format).

/- Can I transform and save the resulting mesh as a nifti file in matlab?/
/
/
We create a nifti image based on the mesh file. It is called
/subID/_final_contr.nii.gz, and is located in the m2m/_subID/ folder.

/- Can extract the mean of the field withing an entire network while
analyzing the simulation (post-hoc)?/
/
/
Sure, but the exact analysis pipeline will depend on how the network is
defined, e.g. FsAverage space or MNI space. SimNIBS can transform
electric field simulations to both, please see the tutorial:
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/gui.html#setting-simulation-options

Best Regards,
Guilherme

//