[Simnibs-discuss] Any way to match T2 FOV instead of T1 for charm?

Oula Puonti oulap at drcmr.dk
Thu Mar 30 15:43:57 CEST 2023

Hi Brownyn,

charm resamples everything to the space of the first input image, so
technically you could run the pipeline with the T2 as the first input
at T1 as the second input. That would unfortunately flip your filenames
(T1.nii.gz being the T2, etc.), so maybe a better option would be to
run only the --registerT2 step first, i.e.,

charm <subid> <t2_image> <t1_image> --registerT2

and then grab the T1.nii.gz and T2_reg.nii.gz (which will now have
wrong names) and then re-run charm with those scans (passing them in
again in the expected order, i.e., T1 first and T2 second).

There's one caveat though: doing the above is a bad idea if the
resolution of your T2 is much lower than the resolution of your T1,
because the T1 will get resampled to the space of the T2. If that's the
case I would rather zero pad the T1 to extend the FOV.

Best,
Oula