[Simnibs-discuss] Does add_tissues_to_upsampled replace existing meshes?

Oula Puonti oulap at drcmr.dk
Wed Mar 29 19:40:21 CEST 2023

Hi Ramtin,

add_tissues_to_upsampled modifies the tissue_upsampled.nii.gz image (or
writes a new one to disk), which can then be used to create new mesh
with the added tissues. The tissues get replaced in the
tissues_upsampled.nii.gz label file, which means the tissues will also
be replaced in the resulting mesh. If you just want to use
add_tissues_to_upsampled as a way to get a region-of-interest, for
example a cortical area, into the mesh, you can do that and then assign
that region the same conductivity as gray matter so that it appears as
"cortex" in the simulations. You can also use cortical rois when post-
processing the simulation results so you don't have to necessarily
inlcude those in the mesh explicitly with add_tissues_to_upsampled.

Best,
Oulla