[Simnibs-discuss] Issues with making Brainstorm compatible with SimNIBS 4.0

Gülce Lale G.Lale at campus.lmu.de
Wed Mar 8 13:39:08 CET 2023

Dear SimNIBS Team,

I have downloaded the newest brainstorm version from March 1st (source + binary) and would like to create a FEM Mesh with SimNIBS 4.0. However, I receive the following error message: "SimNIBS 4.x is not installed or not added to the system path: the command "charm" could not be found.".

Yet SimNIBS is correctly installed on linux and has been added to the system variables in the .bashrc file. Additionally, when I check system('charm') on the matlab command window it finds the correct charm.py file and when I type getenv('PATH') I get the correct system variables which include the path to SimNIBS 4.0.0..

I also get this error when I try to run “system('charm --version’)” : ImportError: /sw/SimNIBS/4.0.0/simnibs_env/lib/python3.9/site-packages/simnibs/mesh_tools/cgal/create_mesh_surf.cpython-39-x86_64-linux-gnu.so: undefined symbol: __gmpq_ad

I already asked this to the Brainstorm team, and they told me that the Brainstorm should be working fine, but the problem might be with SimNIBS and its installation. I am also able to start and use SimNIBS regularly from the terminal and continue to be able to run charm for all my subjects.

Therefore, I wanted to ask you why this problem could emerge?

Thank you in advance for your time.
Best,
Gülce