[Simnibs-discuss] Percentage of spreading scalp stimulation

Oula Puonti oulap at drcmr.dk
Wed Feb 8 16:52:19 CET 2023

Hi Atsushi,

You can extract the magnitude of the e-field in the scalp if that's
what you're interested in. See examples on how to analyze the
simulation results here:

https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/analysis.html

Instead of cropping the mesh with compartment number 2 you can use
compartment number 5 to get the magnitude of the electric field in the
skin (or rather scalp). You can then calculate the percentage of the
total scalp volume stimulated with an electric field exceeding a given
threshold.

Alternatively you can read in the output mesh from the simulation and
use the field_summary() function to get the percentiles, see details
here:

https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/blob/master/simnibs/mesh_tools/mesh_io.py#L2537

Again use compartment 5 as the roi to get the summary of the scalp.

Best,
Oula