[Simnibs-discuss] Using Spyder

Oula Puonti oulap at drcmr.dk
Wed Feb 1 14:47:36 CET 2023

Hi Hassan,

In case you installed spyder using the instructions on the simnibs
website it might be that the spyder version does not work anymore on
linux versions running wayland. I'll check and try to update the
instructions so that everything works.

In the meantime, if you have anaconda you can install spyder in a
virtual environment of your choice and then change the standard python
interpreter to the simnibs_python one (which should be inside the bin
folder in your simnibs installation location). See instructions on how
to chhange the python interpreter here:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43592879/how-to-change-python-version-in-anaconda-spyder

Best,
Oula