[Simnibs-discuss] tDCS optimization for 4x1 set-up

Stephen Ball stephen.ball-4 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk
Tue Nov 1 16:33:26 CET 2022

Hi There,

I'm running a study with a similar set-up to this post: [Simnibs-discuss] 4x1 Optamization (drcmr.dk)<https://mailman.drcmr.dk/pipermail/simnibs-discuss/2022-June/000354.html> using a 4x1 hd-tDCS arrangement, with 2mA on the anode and 4 cathodes at -0.5mA. I'm hoping to optimize the location of these electrodes. Is there still no optimization setting specific to this arrangement?

If not, can I clarify your response in the link above - are you saying tune the target intensity parameter and check the output for the arrangement where the current at each electrode looks closest to what we're hoping to achieve?

Best,
Steve

Stephen Ball
PhD Student in Cognitive Neuroscience
University of Manchester MRC DTP
Division of Neuroscience and Experimental Psychology (DNEP)
Zochonis Building
stephen.ball-4 at postgrad.manchester.ac.uk