[Simnibs-discuss] Differences in Efield depending on Processing

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Wed Nov 2 17:21:31 CET 2022

Hi Joel,

a question for better understanding: When you set up the 2nd pathway, do
you then model ALL electrodes of the EEG10-20 system, or only those
which you actually need for the montage?

I am asking because adding many well-conducting electrodes to the model
will slightly increase the amount of current shunted through the
scalp(+electrodes). Think of it as covering many parts of the scalp with
well-conductive paste. We never quantified the size of this effect, but
it will cause the leadfield e-fields in the brain to be consistently lower.

Best regards,

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Thielscher
Professor of Neurophysics and Neuroimaging