[Simnibs-discuss] Helmoltz-Like Coil_Simnibs Modelisation

Andres Carvallo Pecci andres.carvallo-pecci at umontpellier.fr
Fri May 20 10:57:27 CEST 2022

Hello,

I'm trying to model helmoltz-like coil (A-field) in matlab and then transfer it to simnibs in the form of a compressed Nifti file.

I did a discretization 2.5 mm as suggested in the "Deng_Brain_Stim_2013" document (attached). My questions are the following:

1) The A-field is calculated with a electric current equal to 1A?
2) In the simnibs program, where is the origin coordinate with respect to the brain?

My magnetic exposure is a helmoltz-like coil, stimulating the entire brain, but it seems that in my simnibs simulation, I am doing something wrong given that the simulated induced E-field is localized in Cz.
Thank you for your help.
Andres