[Simnibs-discuss] Converting from .stl to .surf (freesurfer)

Lau Møller Andersen lmandersen at cfin.au.dk
Wed Jun 22 13:34:35 CEST 2022

Dear SimNIBS list

Thank you for a great tool.

I looked through the archive and couldn't find an answer for my question. I have used your headreco algorithm, and I created impressive looking renderings of the head and the brain of a subject. These are in the stl.format, and I was wondering whether there's a way to convert it to the .surf format found in FreeSurfer?

Specifically, I need this to specify the boundaries between layers when specifying the BEM-model in MNE-Python.

All the best wishes

Lau Møller Andersen

--
Lau Møller Andersen
Ph.D. | Assistant Professor

AIAS-COFUND Fellow (Aarhus Institute of Advanced Studies) aias.au.dk
Høegh-Guldbergs Gade 6B
8000 Aarhus C
Denmark
&
Department of Linguistics, Cognitive Science and Semiotics cognitive science<https://cc.au.dk/en/about-the-school/subjects/cognitive-science/>
School of Communication and Culture
Faculty of Arts
Aarhus University
Building 1485, Room 524
Jens Christian Skous Vej 2
8000 Aarhus C
Denmark
&
Center of Functionally Integrative Neuroscience cfin.au.dk
Department of Clinical Medicine
Faculty of Health
Aarhus University
Building 1710