[Simnibs-discuss] Using Captrak coordinates for the optimization

‍김형규[ 교수 / 뇌공학연구소 ] hkim17 at korea.ac.kr
Fri Jul 1 06:39:31 CEST 2022

To whom it may concern,

Hello, I am Hyoungkyu Kim, a research professor in the brain engineering
department at Korea University. First of all, I really appreciate using
your great program, SimNIBS, for my research. The completion of the program
is amazing and the tutorials are easy to understand.

Our team is planning to measure EEG and fMRI during the memory task
(sternberg test) under the tES stimulation, and I think SimNIBS is a
perfect solution to optimize the stimulation by using a personal T1 image.
I checked I can use personalized coordinates in the calculation of the
leadfield, and I have the coordinates of Captrak (
https://brainvision.com/products/captrak/). *I wonder if I can have the
codes or information transforming Captrak coordinates to MNI coordinates
(or to other coordinates) because I have not much experience with the
registration between two different coordinates properly.  *

It will be really helpful to me if I can have any advice from you.
Thank you so much and have a great day!

Best,
Hyoungkyu Kim