[Simnibs-discuss] simnibs 4: numpy singular matrix error

Asif Jamil asif08 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 19:33:48 CET 2022

Hello-

I’m using simnibs 4 to perform tDCS e-field simulation, and part of the
pipeline is to calculate the E-field normal component on the fsaverage
surface.

For most of my subjects, the pipeline runs fine, however for one
participant, I’m getting the following error:

[ simnibs ]INFO: Interpolating to the middle of Gray Matter
[ simnibs ]CRITICAL: Uncaught exception
numpy.linalg.LinAlgError: Singular matrix

Seems like this issue is related to there being a singular matrix. Is there
a quick workaround to this error?

Thanks
Asif