[Simnibs-discuss] Multiple tDCS simulations employing Lead-field

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Fri Apr 15 13:46:06 CEST 2022

Hi,

you can easily calculate the fields created by any combination of
electrode currents using a linear combination of the lead fields. The
only constraint is that electrode currents sum up to zero. The
leadfields are all calcuated relative to a common reference electrode
for a unit current. The field between, e.g. for a current flow of 2 mA
between electrodes 1 and 2 is then:

EF(El2 to El1, 2mA) = 2mA*( EF(El2 to El_ref) - EF(El1 to El_ref) ) =
2mA*(leadfield_El2 - leadfield_El1).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Thielscher
Professor of Neurophysics and Neuroimaging