[Simnibs-discuss] Adding tumour tissue to mesh

Stephen Hogg SHogg at emvision.com.au
Sun Sep 19 03:28:30 CEST 2021

Hi,

Thanks for making SimNIBS, it's a great program. I was wondering if I could ask a few questions about including pathologies in the outputs. Specifically, I have a region of the brain that I want to overwrite with a tissue type not produced by SimNIBS itself (e.g. tumour tissue). In order to include the tumour tissue in the meshes, do I need to add an extra .nii file in the mask_prep directory after updating the existing masks? If so, are there any considerations I should be aware of? How is the new tissue type incorporated in mesh generation? Hope this isn't a bother, would greatly appreciate any light you could shed on this.

Regards,
Stephen