[Simnibs-discuss] Optimize for full ROI?

Kristoffer Madsen kristofferm at drcmr.dk
Tue Oct 26 11:49:04 CEST 2021

Hi Matthias, thank you for your interest in simNIBS and sorry about the
late reply.
Due to the physical constraints optimization of single points will actually
affect a quite large area, typically there is a tradeoff between focality
and maximum achieved field strength, which will already be embodied in the
optimization. We would generally suggest splitting the optimization into
individual points (only really relevant if the region is quite large)
rather than using network optimization feature as it  the network
optimization feature (
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/advanced/tdcs_distributed_opt.html)
as that can be somewhat counterintuitive and difficult to control - and
also enforces positive negative fields rather than the norm.
Best,
Kristoffer