[Simnibs-discuss] Calculation Magnetic Field

Kristoffer Madsen kristofferm at drcmr.dk
Fri Mar 19 09:26:41 CET 2021

Hi Christian, I still not entirely sure why you need to show the
(dA/dt) / (dB/dt) field (which
would be independent of the head model). However, do you only have a
nifti file or can you
use a dipole expansion .ccd file? From the dipole expansion you can
easily calculate the B field at any desired point (this would be
easier and you would simply need to calculate the field for all
desired points in the mesh). If you do need it from the nifti file
then I'd calculate the curl of dA/dt on the grid like you are doing
and then interpolate to points in the mesh. I think I have some code
to do this (likely python though) if that can be helpful for you.
Best,
Kristoffer