[Simnibs-discuss] Cerebellum tDCS

xavier corominas xc.teruel at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 13:06:03 CEST 2021

Good morning, delighted to meet you,

My name is Xavier Corominas, I am a PhD student at the University Rovira i
Virgili (Spain) under the direction of Dr. Maria Tresa Colomina (URV) and
Dr. Antoni Valero (ICM-Paris).

Since a few months ago I have started to work with computational simulation
in SimNIBS and I have encountered a problem, that is why I am contacting
you.

I am trying to make an optimised setup of 2 targets (DLPC + anterior
cerebellum) for a clinical trial of tDCS in stroke (note that we will use
an 8-electrode device for stimulation). When running the simulation, the
frontal target performs correctly but the cerebellar target disappears. The
cerebellum disappears in the Gmsh file and the target changes coordinates
and is represented on the posterior parietal cortex (the area closest to
the cerebellum). I would like to ask how I can solve this issue as it does
not take into account the cerebellum and I do not know how I should proceed.

Thank you in advance for all your attention.

Cordially.
Xavier Corominas Teruel