[Simnibs-discuss] Normal component E-field in Matlab after optimization

fangc fangc at drcmr.dk
Wed Jun 9 10:56:55 CEST 2021

Dear Steven,

The attribute 'map_to_surf' will map your results to the gray matter
central surface and not give you the normal component of the E field.
What you want to do might be a little post-processing. I do not know
which language you use for your development, but in python you can
simply do the following, for example, if you have a mesh in FsAverage
space:

field_name = 'E_normal'
results_fsavg.field[field_name].value

You can find more details here:
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/advanced/group_analysis.html?highlight=normal

It also has a Matlab example for the same purpose. Good luck. And please
let us know if you have further questions.

Best,
Fang