[Simnibs-discuss] Normal component E-field in Matlab after optimization

Beumer, Steven s.beumer at tue.nl
Tue Jun 8 12:38:17 CEST 2021

Dear SimNibs team,

I am writing a little MATLAB app to do optimizations in SimNibs via a GUI, which is going very well.
In the GUI I would like to plot the fields and the histogram, which I do via the standard data reading scripts, however I have troubles getting the normal component of the E-field.
I tried giving the optimization structure a map_to_surf = true attribute, which does not work. Is there a way to get the normal component without doing the simulation afterwards with the optimized electrodes?

Kind regards and a lot of thanks in advance,
Steven Beumer
PhD student at the Eindhoven University of Technology