[Simnibs-discuss] TMS optimization

Giacomo Bertazzoli giacomo.bertazzoli at unitn.it
Fri Jul 16 18:48:24 CEST 2021

Dear all,
I am facing the problem of comparing the coil orientation extracted after
an e-field simulation (position matrix in the log file) with the coil
orientation suggested after the TMS optimization procedure available on
simNIBS. However I noticed a discrepancy between the coil center projected
by simNIBS during the e-field simulation (simNIBS infers the coil center
automatically when I input a cortical target) and the one given as final
output by the TMS optimization, even if I provide as input both the coil
center and the cortical target.

What I am trying to obtain from the TMS optimization is a position matrix
that has the last column (coil center) identical to the one I get after the
e-field simulation.
Has someone already faced this problem? Do you have any suggestions?
Thank you for your great support,
All the very best,

Giacomo

--
Giacomo Bertazzoli, PhD Candidate
Cognition Neurostimulation & Connectivity Lab - CIMeC
Email: giacomo.bertazzoli at unitn.it
https://webapps.unitn.it/du/en/Persona/PER0194098
https://www.linkedin.com/in/giacomo-bertazzoli-8737b160/
<https://www.linkedin.com/in/giacomo-bertazzoli-8737b160/>