[Simnibs-discuss] Questions regarding the Fsaverage space transformation , and electrode coordinates

Oula Puonti oupu at dtu.dk
Tue Feb 2 11:46:53 CET 2021

Hi Eden,

Fsaverage and the MNI are roughly in the same space, so the coordinates should more or less match.

If you want points on the fsaverage surface you can look for the closest node on the surface to your MNI coordinate of interets.

W.r.t. the electodes the definitions on how they are setup can be found here:

https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/documentation/sim_struct/electrode.html

and the electrode locations and shapes should be stored in the simulation structure. If you need the full geometrical outline of the electrode on the skin, then you should use the .geo file.

Best,
Oula