[Simnibs-discuss] Adding tumour tissue to mesh

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Wed Dec 22 16:04:11 CET 2021

Hi,

sorry for following up on these topics rather late. Regarding Alzheimer
or MCI, I don't think that specific adjustments are needed for the
electric field calculations. The structural differences (atrophy) will
be reflected in the segmentation results when generating headmodels from
MR data of these patients, and thus be taken into account during the
e-field simulations. Obviously, e-field simulations do not provide
information about disease-related physiological changes that might alter
the response to brain stimulation, for which other information is
required in addition.

Regarding the addition of tumor tissues, the short answer is that
SimNIBS is not good in dealing with this so far, but will get much
better next year.

Best regards,

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Thielscher
Professor of Neurophysics and Neuroimaging