[Simnibs-discuss] Meshfix error in SimNIBS-3.2.3

Tayeb Zaidi tayebzaidi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 02:30:21 CEST 2021

Hello,

    I've been working to use SimNIBS-3.2 to generate head segmentation for
several subjects from the Human Connectome Project. When running "mri2mesh
--all subjectnumber T1w.nii T2w.nii" I successfully finish recon-all from
Freesurfer and then the mri2mesh script raises an error when creating the
subcortical mask. The exact error is:
"
mris_convert ./opticrad_FS.fsmesh ./opticrad_FS.stl

/home/awarru/SimNIBS-3.2/simnibs_env/lib/python3.7/site-packages/simnibs/bin/linux/meshfix
subcortical_FS.stl -a 2.0 --remove-handles -q -o subcortical.off

ERROR- fseek
/home/guilherme/simnibs_misc/meshfix/contrib/JMeshLib/src/MESH_STRUCTURE/io.cpp:1335
failed.error code 255
"

It seems like there is an error within meshfix.  In a prior thread on this
mailing list (
https://mailman.drcmr.dk/pipermail/simnibs-discuss/2020-May/000051.html)
this issue was raised and it wasn't clear if there was a resolution. I have
looked at the subcortical_FS.stl file and it looks like how I would expect
in a mesh viewer.
I am running these commands on a T5810 workstation with Ubuntu 20.04
installed.
Is there any solution to this issue?

Thanks,
Tayeb Zaidi