[Simnibs-discuss] Scalp to cortex distance

Guilherme B Saturnino guilhermebs at drcmr.dk
Fri Jun 12 16:08:43 CEST 2020

Hello,

I have just added this to the standard output for the next SimNIBS
version. If you want to calculate this now, you will have to:

1. Determine the coil position, for example in the GUI or looking at the
last row of the /matsimnibs/ matrix, in the SimNIBS output

2. Load the mesh in python or matlab

3. Calculate the distances between the gray matter surface triangles
(tag 1002) and the coil in python or matlab.

For steps 2-3, these functions might help:

MATLAB: /mesh_load_gmsh4 /to load the mesh, /mesh_extract_regions/ to
get the gray matter surface, and /mesh_get_triangle_centers /to
calculate the positions of the tiangles
//

PYTHON: /mesh = simnibs.read_msh/ to load the mesh, /mesh.crop_mesh /to
get the gray matter surface, and /mesh.elements_baricenters/()[:] to
calculate the positions of the triangles.

Best Regards,

Guilherme