[Simnibs-discuss] Targeting subject specific locations on the scalp

Guilherme B Saturnino guilhermebs at drcmr.dk
Fri Jul 10 09:31:07 CEST 2020

Hello,

SimNIBS 3 offers two ways of getting 10/10 EEG positions out of the box.

1) Use the eeg positions calculated using MNI transformations, which are
stored in m2m_{SubID}/eeg_positions/EEG10-10_UI_Jurak_2007.csv. Those
can also be accessed in the GUI
<https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/gui.html>, which
loads it automatically, or in  scripts (MATLAB example
<https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/blob/v3.1.2/simnibs/examples/simulations/TMS.m>)

2) Using the eeg_positions
<https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/documentation/command_line/eeg_positions.html>
command line tool with the Nz, LPA, RPA and Iz as an input

Those two were compared and validated here
<https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-21293-3_1>.

I'm not sure why it is not working in your case though, might be due to
head size, as you are moving by constant amounts?

Best Regards,

Guilherme