[Simnibs-discuss] (no subject)

Guilherme B Saturnino guilhermebs at drcmr.dk
Mon Jul 6 08:47:57 CEST 2020

Hello,

You can script SimNIBS simulations in matlab or python
(https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/scripting.html).
Or you can open the ".mat" files in matlab, octave, or python and modify
them.

The "scalar", "vn", "dir" and "mc" refers to different conductivity
models  (see *anisotropy_type* in
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/documentation/sim_struct/tdcslist.html).
Unless you have a strong need to account for tissue conductivity
anisotropy effects, we recommend you use the "scalar" conductivity model
(that is isotropic conductivity, no DTI data required). If you want to
incorporate tissue conductivity anisotropy (requires DTI data), we
recommend you use the "vn" model. The other two are there in a more
experimental capacity.

Best Regards,

Guilherme