[Simnibs-discuss] electric field estimation without individual MR

Fabio Masina fabio.masina83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 09:02:09 CET 2020

 Dear colleagues,

I am writing a revision regarding NIBS and I am interested in the
comparison of the electric field derived from all the tDCS and TMS studies
I selected for this revision. So far, I have collected the basic
information will be important to run the electric field estimation with
SimNIBS, but I am wondering whether I can approximate the electric field
for each of these studies without having the individual magnetic resonance
of participants. Since in my review I would like to compare the electric
fields in a qualitative fashion, do you think it can be appropriate to
perform each estimation using the head model of the example dataset I found
here (https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/dataset.html)?
Alternatively, can I run the estimation by using a template?

Thank you in advance for your interest in my question.

Best.

--

*Fabio Masina, PhD*

IRCCS, Ospedale San Camillo