[Simnibs-discuss] E-field modelling using MNI coordinates of where TMS was applied

Paul Dhami pdhami06 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 13:34:48 CEST 2020

Dear SIMNIBS community,

I am new to SIMNIBS, so apologizes in advance for what may be an easy
question.

In a TMS-EEG study, TMS was used on 4 cortical sites independently. The
sites were targeted across all participants using the same MNI coordinates
(acquired from the literature). However, I do not have the precise world
coordinates of the coil. I only have the MNI coordinates that were
targeted.

Because I do not have the world coordinates of where the TMS coil was
located for each participant (nor the nearest targeted electrode), is
E-field modelling with SIMNIBS still possible?

Best wishes,
Paul