[Simnibs-discuss] E-field brain matter options

Frandsen, Summer Brianne sfrandsen at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 7 19:37:27 CET 2023

Ok, I will try that. Thank you so much for your help!!

Summer

From: Oula Puonti <oulap at drcmr.dk>
Date: Friday, March 3, 2023 at 1:19 PM
To: Frandsen, Summer Brianne <sfrandsen at bwh.harvard.edu>, discuss at simnibs.org <discuss at simnibs.org>
Subject: Re: [Simnibs-discuss] E-field brain matter options
        External Email - Use Caution

Hi Summer,

Aah, I see. Yeah at the moment there is no option to specify the
tissues in the GUI. If you want to hardcode this for your specific
simnibs version you should edit line 193 inside the sim_struct.py file.
You can find the file inside

<simnibs_installation_path>/simnibs/simulation

and you should change the default tissues used, see

https://secure-web.cisco.com/1LCPc7FEkoNfGimTxGj3_92cFiJfmIX7GDeoqM2rTORaTLrOLIFFfBEBf8C7AeKguZP_-L6TapgGGd1brWzOnpX16McHb0Ka6x-XyEeGqynQ22d9uDyK5z1-KAs2ZwUpDJML1fcRmc-pXHlwhnZEnM_PncuRRW-xUrVAhxk8AuVgxZSr6iIqtGq3X47g5PXPQt6PgzcP86StGVIVsOMfbLfOxp6DiWMs7VIDzbrY5EtaNGEKzgvq9EwR5BPnHiGUIYjgijQoO4oih_Wlu4igl0yUSuhxKH8YAUsKRic9ybucIyl1VwDvTC9reXc6VfmNz/https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2Fsimnibs%2Fsimnibs%2Fblob%2Fmaster%2Fsimnibs%2Fsimulation%2Fsim_struct.py%23L193

Best,
Oula

On Fri, 2023-03-03 at 15:18 +0000, Frandsen, Summer Brianne wrote:
> [...]
>
> Best,
> Oula
>

> On Thu, 2023-03-02 at 20:34 +0000, Frandsen, Summer Brianne wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In previous SimNIBS versions (e.g. V 3.2.6), the default electric
> > field modeling simulations included both grey and white matter when
> > using the gui. However, the newest version appears to be use only
> > grey matter. It seems like there is a way to change this option
> > (e.g.
> > including white matter) when scripting simulations, but I have been
> > unable to find an option that allows me to do in the gui. Is there
> > way to do this in the gui?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Summer. Frandsen
> >

> > The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
> > whom it is addressed.  If you believe this e-mail was sent to you
> > in
> > error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact
> > the
> > Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at
> > https://secure-web.cisco.com/1tS_WezwgoKpVHOsYs5udX7LV6ThVF8UnIsBSY4Yte9wbjsv-35ZzmL--UFMaFDsqbsnneQPHQJAs08ICtjPXU4t5b0RHSflEV271oIZLg7XQUdL2uyHgUiDMIyeA5Wme2C8OaR4eUfGm74JxhiS9oiyB3DI5Ujz1-UQ390Gxc8l0RMvof6u5YGGWIbWcwMZ4KcWCGAc8T1IJhkqBkw7WTuyXmsyLfS7SzSernkDC7KchSsp9e9zHwOH32y_lXO7bFk7PzEdwYMc233gceIL9zIDAjxIWCNKooGE9D8paLtUkAn1DHmlBFzAozxcUO79e/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.massgeneralbrigham.org%2Fcomplianceline
> > .
> >
> > Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted).  If you do
> > not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please
> > notify the sender of this message immediately.  Continuing to send
> > or
> > respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand
> > and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over
> > unencrypted e-mail.
> The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to
> whom it is addressed.  If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in
> error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the
> Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at
> https://secure-web.cisco.com/17XRb-4lWMyo35uMG5tNLBZpsWLpmNzn8KY6cJmi4DcSVYl48J_JA7xm44ARY2iWGqzlPbuBzqwwT6gvKl3z11eonJzgIOIbp2vIh6IpzdltVHdxNIPgTt95rfU4mvacqVcGPylcH7S9yNcLB59DTTlNqg_d7u7pEXXCdYNQpLmtTCcQN2ZdUDis3DBx0qpJ23W4gElNJRoYIyKGl5tanUt2jrX1IYBf50LUE0pTgguicKt_FhG8DRpAnBOnj27oP2QBiL5nER5Qiz-9qOP7snVBI5wD5iufISb81XUzP2KPWML30ps3f1H5_Mq-ET9Er/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.massgeneralbrigham.org%2Fcomplianceline .
>
> Please note that this e-mail is not secure (encrypted).  If you do
> not wish to continue communication over unencrypted e-mail, please
> notify the sender of this message immediately.  Continuing to send or
> respond to e-mail after receiving this message means you understand
> and accept this risk and wish to continue to communicate over
The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed.  If you believe this e-mail was sent to you in error and the e-mail contains patient information, please contact the Mass General Brigham Compliance HelpLine at https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline <https://www.massgeneralbrigham.org/complianceline> .