[Simnibs-discuss] tDCS electrode is being simulated as skin

Oula Puonti oulap at drcmr.dk
Mon Jan 30 17:54:36 CET 2023

Hi Gülce,

Yes exactly, you only need the center coordinate for the electrode from
the MRI scan so that the electrode is placed on the correct location in
the simulations. Simnibs will automatically place the electrode on the
skin in the simulation (by projecting it to the closest point as you
said). The only thing you need to define additionally is the gel
thickness (2mm) when you're setting the electrode shape.

Best,
Oula