[Simnibs-discuss] MagVenture_MC_B70.nii.gz missing from SimNIBS 4?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Feb 8 19:31:58 CET 2023

On 8 Feb 2023, at 12:16, Oula Puonti wrote:

> The ccd files are quite a bit smaller in size than the niftis, so the
> new files we provide are all in the ccd format.

Oula,

So is the info here:

https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/documentation/sim_struct/tmslist.html

".nii.gz files: NifTi files with sampled magnetic vector potentials.
Recommended, allows for faster simulations."

No longer the case?

1. do the .ccd and .nii files contain the exact same information?  The
wording in that link makes me think no.
2. if the .nii case is the "recommended" one, it's odd that only one is
provided, and the other ~30 are all .ccd.  What am I missing here?

When Brainsight invokes SimNIBS, we pass, for example:

tms_list.fnamecoil = 'legacy_and_other/MagVenture_MC_B70.nii.gz'

This worked with 3.2 because that file was there.  Now that the file is
gone in 4.0, it of course does not work.  So I'm trying to figure out if
I should just always use the .ccd files, or prefer one over the other,
or...

Thanks,

Sean