[Simnibs-discuss] transformation matrix usage

Haren, S.L. van (Stefan, Student M-TM) s.l.vanharen at student.utwente.nl
Mon Feb 6 13:48:15 CET 2023

Hello all,

I am still quite new to using SimNIBS, and I am struggling with one of the attributes in the Position format. I am using the transformation matrix from the pos.matsimnibs function for more accurately positioning my TMS coil over the scalp of a subject. I know the coordinates of my coil and I can fill them in into the matrix and get the correct centre of the coil. However, I cannot figure out how to rotate the coil/coordinate system using the transformation matrix. I am unable to get it to be perpendicular to the scalp or change direction altogether.

Hopefully someone can help me with my struggles,
Stefan