[Simnibs-discuss] Focality with a specific threshold

Oula Puonti oulap at drcmr.dk
Wed Nov 16 11:49:40 CET 2022

Hi Laurent,

Please see here for the function that calculates the field_summary:

https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/blob/master/simnibs/msh/mesh_io.py#L2231

If you want to calculate a different percentile you can do this (in python):

from simnibs.msh import mesh_io

m = mesh_io.read_msh('ernie_TDCS_1_scalar.msh')

#This produces volumes with 50%tile

m.fields_summary(roi=2, percentiles=[50])

#This produces areas

m.fields_summary(roi=1002, percentiles=[50])

Note that the output units differ between the two calls, for volumes it
will be mm^3 and for areas it will be mm^2. This will depend on the roi
you pass. roi=2 means that you calculate the volume of the tetrahedra
where the field is higher than the %tile you define, whereas for
roi=1002 calculates the area of the triangles the same way.

Best,

Oula