[Simnibs-discuss] Downsample surface

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Wed Nov 2 17:44:06 CET 2022

Hi,

the way to do this is to first run the simnibs simulation with the full
resolution headmesh and afterwards interpolate the results onto the
nodes of the 16k surface. This is done using the method
"interpolate_to_surface" that is part of simnibs.msh.mesh_io

There is currently no example code which we can share, but you can look
at line 1480 in

https://github.com/simnibs/simnibs/blob/master/simnibs/msh/transformations.py

where we use that method to interpolate the e-field results to the
central GM surfaces created by CAT12.

Best regards,

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Thielscher
Professor of Neurophysics and Neuroimaging