[Simnibs-discuss] Regarding the positional relationships between the elements of each body tissues

Manami, Kanamaru nb18104 at shibaura-it.ac.jp
Thu May 12 11:23:40 CEST 2022

Dear Sir/ Madam,

I am working on the simulation when the eyeballs are stimulated with the
electrodes placed on the facial skin. The simulation using SimNIBS is
working well, but I have a problem as stated in the title.
In order to consider the electric current path, I would like to use the A*
algorithm. The electric conductivities would be used for the cost, and the
coordinates of each element would be used for the node of the A* algorithm.
However, I have no idea which elements are nearby. I have already found the
coordinates' information stored in the module "mesh_load_gmsh4". There are
"triangles" and "nodes" in "mesh_load_gmsh4", each of them has the nodes
number that consists of the triangles, and the coordinates of the nodes.
However, I could not understand the positional relationship of each
element. How can I know which nodes are next to the specific node? And If I
don't extract specific tissue using the code stated below, can I get the
coordinates of all of the nodes in the human head model?

m=mesh_extract_regions(m, 'region_idx', [6 1006]);

I would appreciate it if you could give me any ideas on that.

Best regards,
Manami

<nb18104 at shibaura-it.ac.jp>