[Simnibs-discuss] Nexstim TMS simulation

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Mon Jun 13 12:08:46 CEST 2022

Hi Alessandra,

we don't have coil models for Nextim coils. If the company is willing to
share detailed information about the coil geometry, we can likely help
you to get a reasonable model, though.

Regarding the coil position coordinates: Please use headreco, not
mri2mesh to create the head model, because headreco doesn't change the
header information of the T1 image. In addition, read the same T1 image
into the neuronavigation system. If this still results in different
positions for the coil center, then the Nexstim system interally changes
the coordinate system of the image. In that case, we would need
information from Nexstim on their internal coordinate system to be able
to resolve that issue.

Best regards,

Axel

--
Dr. Axel Thielscher
Professor of Neurophysics and Neuroimaging