[Simnibs-discuss] Please help me to get target

Utkarsh Pancholi utkarshpancholi6387 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 08:53:03 CET 2022

Dear all,

Earlier also I have asked the same question but still, I am not able to
understand it fully.

Please help me out.

I have made head model with headreco for 5 subjects.

Now i want to do simple optimization first. In simnibs website i found this
for simple optimization

% Example of a SimNIBS tDCS optimization in MATLAB%% Copyright (C)
2019 Guilherme B Saturnino

% Initialize structureopt = opt_struct('TDCSoptimize');% Select the
leadfield fileopt.leadfield_hdf =
'leadfield/ernie_leadfield_EEG10-10_UI_Jurak_2007.hdf5';% Select a
name for the optimizationopt.name = 'optimization/single_target';
% Select a maximum total current (in A)opt.max_total_current = 2e-3;%
Select a maximum current at each electrodes (in
A)opt.max_individual_current = 1e-3;% Select a maximum number of
active electrodes (optional)opt.max_active_electrodes = 8;
% Define optimization target% Position of target, in subject space!%
please see tdcs_optimize_mni.m for how to use MNI
coordinatesopt.target.positions = [-55.4, -20.7, 73.4];% Intensity of
the electric field (in V/m)opt.target.intensity = 0.2;% Run
optimizationrun_simnibs(opt);

Where there is opt.target.positions = [-55.4, -20.7, 73.4] By usinf this
co-ordinate what simnibs tryng to target..

My question is I want to target the left hippocampus for memory-related
problems in some patients.  So what i need to place value as a three
numbers that is written in a bracket for target position.

Please elaborate this as i am not able to understand how to write this
coordinate for different subjects because in every subject it will be
different.

Please help me out.
UTKARSH V. PANCHOLI
ASSISTANT PROFESSOR