[Simnibs-discuss] Thresholding electrical field map to create seed/region of interest

Paul Dhami pdhami06 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 16:20:26 CEST 2021

Dear simNIBS community,

Thanks for the wonderful tool.

In a group of participants, I have TMS-EEG data. Participants were
stimulated using a common MNI coordinate seed. To assess the functional
connectivity between the area stimulated and the rest of the brain, I need
to create a seed/region of interest. I have the MNI coordinate of the
stimulated region, but I do not have a straightforward way to determine the
size of this surface label/region/seed.

One approach I was thinking of was that for each individual, using their
electrical field modelling, I could threshold it (e.g., 10%). For each
individual, I could then create a label/seed using this thresholded
electrical field map.

I wanted to ask if:

1) Can such a thresholding procedure be done?
2) Is there any way within simNIBS to create a sort label/region/seed using
the electrical field results?

Paul