[Simnibs-discuss] targeting deep structure with known MNI coordinate

Fryer, Susanna Susanna.Fryer at ucsf.edu
Tue Apr 27 19:26:38 CEST 2021

Hello,

We are trying to model a TMS target that is in deep medial prefrontal cortex/dorsal ACC, but are having trouble understanding how to navigate to our desired target, which we have defined in MNI.
We are able to create models at the surface, but can't seem to navigate the software to go into cortex.

Specifically, how do we convert our MNI coordinate to the coordinate system that SIMnibs is using (and what coordinate system is it that SIMnibs uses?).  How do we target below the surface?

Thank you so much for guidance!

Susanna Fryer,
UCSF