[Simnibs-discuss] RTMS parameters

Guilherme B Saturnino guilhermebs at drcmr.dk
Mon Mar 2 11:30:38 CET 2020

Hello,

/I am currently a second year student studying at the University at
Western Australia, and am using SIMNIBS to model RTMS simulations on the
brain. I was wondering if there are any options where we can input
parameters for the magnetic field strength./

I assume you mean the dI/dt parameter? If so, this is dependent on
simulator, coil model, and pulse type used. What are you using for your
study?

/Furthermore, is there any way to edit coil parameters, such as wire
diameters and //number of windings on the coil./
/
/
Not very easily, as we represent the coils either using magnetic dipoles
(.ccd files) or magnetic vector potentials in a volume (dA/dt),
therefore do store information about underlying geometry.  But of course
you could create your own coil models based on some geometry.

Best Regards,
Guilherme