[Simnibs-discuss] about display result in deeper area

Axel Thielscher axelt at drcmr.dk
Tue Dec 22 10:52:18 CET 2020

Dear JS,

in gmsh: You can look at the results in the gray matter and white matter
volumes in gmsh. Please see notes on "Visibility" on
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/visualization.html
and select element numbers 1 and 2 for white and gray matter. Once this
is shown, you can cut it as you like (see "Clipping" on
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/visualization.html).

gmsh is very flexible, but has some initial learning curve.

Alternatively, you can select "Interpolate to a nifiti volume" when you
set up a simulation (see
https://simnibs.github.io/simnibs/build/html/tutorial/gui.html). Then,
the results will be also saved as nifti-files in the subfolder
"subject_volumes" of each simulation and you can use any nifti-viewer to
look at your results.

Best regards,

Axel

/