[Simnibs-discuss] manual correction

w.tomasz at sensusmed.pl w.tomasz at sensusmed.pl
Tue Aug 18 17:37:11 CEST 2020

Hello,

I had the pleasure of talking to you for a while at the April webinar on
brain modeling after stroke.
I am currently researching the use of stimulation in a person with
tinnitus with personalized stimulation.
I have a question about the manual correction of the brain model (the
model created from the t1_mprage_sag and t2_space_dark_fluid_sag_p2
images) in the automatic model creation in the CAT report gets results
on the B and B + levels.
I'm a beginner when it comes to modeling (I am more concerned with NIBS
in clinical applications), sorry if my questions are trivial :

1. on the SIMNIBS website, it says that it is not possible to do CAT
cuttings, whether in such a system we use "m2m_ernie \ mask_prep \
MASK_CAT_WM.nii.gz" or "m2m_ernie \ gm.nii.gz" for manual editing. Does
a manual correction make sense in such a situation?

2. From your and your team's experience, how big are the differences in
electric field distributions between the B / B + and A-level models?

3.I wanted to use ITK-SNAP for the correction proposed on one of your
toutorials but I am a beginner I have a hard time figuring out how to
check if (how exactly) the surface contours follow the tissue shapes in
the T1w image, with more masks than one .

4. Could you suggest a program other than FS to evaluate the created
model? Since I'm a Windows 10 and FS user, it's more complicated here.

Thank you very much for your help and your time!
Best regards,
--

  		Witold Tomasz

  psycholog, psychoterapeuta, terapeuta tDCS

  		Ośrodek psychoterapii i neurorehabilitacji

  		Sensusmed Witold Tomasz

  		p:
  		504288040  m: 789335047

  		a: